danmiz.com

Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012 (5:20PM)


www.danmiz.com


I just want to scream, hello
My g0d its been so long, never dreamed you'd return 
But now here you are, and here I am
Elderly Woman Behind A Counter, Pearl Jam
Just like Cal Ripken Jr., all streaks must come to an end. After working 495 straight days (not including Jewish holidays, Thanksgiving and a snow day), I finally took a day off. My last off day was August 6,2010. Zyke asked me if I wanted to go with the Center camp to Washington D.C. to see the Mets play the Nationals. The Mets lost in 10 innings 5-4Iwas sitting right behind the Mason sign in this photo when Valdespin hit his homerun to the tie the game.

A lot has changed since the last time I went away. The buses now have electric outlets and wifi. I don't have to worry about my phone running out of battery. The other thing that has changed is now I have an iPad. I also don't have to worry about reading the Daily News because I have the app. Also, I was able to listen to Howard Stern on my SiriusXM App. And before I went to sleep, I told Siri to set my alarm and it worked perfectly.

Recently I have been teaching a couple of older people how to use an iPhone and iPad. Sometimes it could get a little frustrating but I enjoy doing it so much. 

Since my last entry here is a little update of what is going on. I am officially coaching at Flatbush. I co-coached the 7th grade team which lost in the finals. I also assisted on JV and Varsity even though for a short period of time I was not allowed to. This year, I will be coaching 6th, 7th, JV and Varsity. 

I know some one who has a terrible habit of saying "what" after every sentence you say to him. It gets very annoying. So I am trying to cure him by the way I was taught when I was younger. Every time he now says "what", I hit him. So far it has been having a positive effect.

People have been asking me why the orignalboat has been on hiatus. I just want to let everyone know that the boat is all right. He went to see a nurse but tells me he maybe feeling better soon.

First it was the walker that bothered me in shul.  Now it is the amplifier. That is the person that prays certain words out loud when the hazzan (cantor) says them.

Here are a couple of apps to get.
Fast customer -  connects you automatically to most companies.
MTA EZ Travel - tells you the traffic.
ABC Eats - gives you the restaurant ratings of any store near you

Here are the must watch shows of the summer. 
Breaking Bad - AMC
NY MED - ABC
The Franchise. Miami Marlins

Scroll down for my completer television schedule.

This past television season, I fell behind two shows. Greys Anatomy and Glee. My Tivo was so full that I actually missed a few episodes of each show. That is the first time that I could remember that happening. Due to my coaching schedule, I will try to not watch any new shows because I have no time. As of today, my Tivo is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment